Return to Page A A A A M L XL

SEND Information Report: Pupils

How does my school know if I need extra help? Your teachers are monitoring your progress and looking at your strengths and the areas that you need further help with all of the time. This includes; when they talk to you and ask you questions or when they mark your work. What should I do if I think I need extra help? You should always talk your teachers or your parent / carer if you don’t understand and think you need extra help with your work. Once your teacher knows they will then be able to adapt the work, give you some support or explain things to you in a different way to help you to understand better. How will my school work be organised to meet my individual needs? Your teachers might give you different tasks and activities or provide you with equipment to help you work more successfully. You might have an adult to work alongside you. How will I be involved in planning for my needs? When you have your ‘Reach for the Stars’ meeting with your teacher, he / she will talk to you about things you are doing well and work you might be finding difficult. Your teacher will tell you what you need to do to improve your learning, attitude or behaviour and you will make a plan. You may be asked to complete a child’s view form which asks you questions about your likes and dislikes and what you think you are good at or what you would like more help with. Who will tell me what I can do to help myself and be more independent? You should listen carefully to what your teachers say and make as much effort as you can to improve. They will challenge you to be more independent as you become more confident with the things you find difficult. How will I know if I am doing as well as I should be? Your teachers will tell you how well you are doing towards your targets all of the time. Then, when you have your ‘Reach for the Stars’ meeting your class teacher will talk to you, and your parents, and set new targets for you to achieve. What should I do if I am worried about my school work? If you are worried about your school work, you should tell your teachers or your parent / carer. We want to work together to help you. Your teachers and parent / carer may decide to ask other adults, from outside of school, to help you too. How can I get help if I am worried about things other than my school work? If you are worried about anything at all, you can tell your teachers, including Mrs Edmenson, the Head Teacher, or Mrs Harrison. We are all here to help with any concerns you may have, whether they are to do with your school work, getting to school or something else at home. Involvement in activities outside of the classroom

How will I know who can help me? If you are taking part in an after school club, tell the person who is leading the activity such as Mr Munro, if you think you need extra help. If you are going on a school trip, tell your teachers if you are worried about it. During the trip, there will be lots of adults that you could ask for help, including teachers or other members of staff and school governors.

Who can I talk to about getting involved in activities if I need extra help? At Hemlington Hall Academy, we like all of our pupils to feel able to get involved in all activities, even if they need extra help. You can talk to your teachers or the person leading the activity for more information or about the help you may need. If I have a disability or additional need how can I join in school activities? At Hemlington Hall Academy, we like all of our pupils to feel able to get involved in all activities, even if they have a disability or additional need. You can talk to your teachers or the person leading the activity for more information or about the support you may need. Transition What help is there to get ready to start school? Before starting Nursery, you will be visited by Nursery staff at home and invited to a welcome session. When you are ready to join Reception, you will be able to come to the dining hall with your parent to try a school lunch. As you go through school each year, you will meet your new class teacher on a number of occasions before you move to your new class / environment. How will I be prepared to move onto the next stage of my school life including life skills? When you are in Year 6, you will be taught how to organise yourself and begin to get ready to go to Key Stage 3 Secondary School. You and your parents will be invited to Open Events in the Secondary Schools to help you to choose the right one for you. Your teachers at Hemlington Hall will meet with the staff from the school you will go to and discuss any additional needs you may have. Your new Key Stage 3 teachers will come and meet you and take you to your new school during Transition Week in the Summer Term. If you have additional needs, you may have more visits to help you to settle in.

HHA SEND Information for Pupils

Link to Local Authority websites

Middlesbrough Council Schools and Learning Web Page If you have any questions please contact the Headteacher, Mrs Edmenson or your class teacher. Telephone: 01642 591171 Email: [email protected] To access the Glossary of Terms please click here

Privacy Policy

We regard your privacy as important and any personal information you give to us will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulations.

We do not store personal information about individuals who visit this site except where they provide contact information via our contact us page and contact forms available on various pages throughout the website.

Any information you provide will only be used for the reasons specified and it will not be shared with any third party without your consent, unless required by law.

Your contact details are kept securely and are only accessed by authorised members of staff as part of the provision of school services. If you do not wish us to keep this contact information please tell us.

This website uses Google Analytics which provides statistical data about the usage of the site. This information is not used to identify individuals, but is collected to provide us with an understanding of the areas of interest on our site and how our site is being used.

If you are connected to the internet you will have an IP Address. This may take the form of a figure, such as 333.333.22.1. The address will be automatically collected and logged as part of the connection of your computer to our web server and may be used to determine the total number of visits to each part of the site. This data is not collected and used for other purposes.

This website contains links to other websites. The School is not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites or organisations and recommends you consult the privacy information on those sites.

This policy will be reviewed and updated versions will be posted on the website.

If you have any questions about the use of your personal information, the Information Commissioner is the independent regulator for both Data Protection and Freedom of Information.