Are you interested in serving as a Governor?
The Governing Body of Hemlington Hall Academy are seeking to appoint Governors to serve on its governing body. School Governors are volunteers who are responsible for strategic leadership and accountability within the school.
The key functions of a governing body are to:
- ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- hold the Head Teacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils;
- oversee the financial performance of the school and make sure its money is well spent.
Governing Bodies meet once a term to:-
- Set policies for the school;
- Set and monitor the budget;
- Maintain and improve standards;
- Appoint the Head Teacher and set staffing levels;
- Plan the school’s future direction Governors are appointed for a period of four years and full training is provided on the role through the Governor Development Service. At times it can be hard work and time consuming, but many governors have found the role to be very rewarding and have gained new skills that have helped them in the workplace. If you would like further information about what the role of Governorship entails please either contact:
Richard Painter, Clerk to the Governing Body – Telephone 01642 201985, or alternatively you can email [email protected]
Mr Elliott, Chair of Governors, Hemlington Hall Academy, Briscoe Way
Mrs K Edmenson, Head Teacher, Hemlington Hall Academy, Briscoe Way, Hemlington, Middlesbrough
Telephone (01642) 201985
Any appointment is subject to completing the necessary Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) background checks.