The staff at Hemlington Hall Academy and Lingfield Trust are constantly assessing the risks that present themselves during these unprecedented times.
Please be reassured you that we have carefully planned for all children to return to school. There will be differences to what has happened in school before the pandemic but we can assure you that your child’s safety is at the forefront of our plans. The differences in practices are to ensure that your children and the school staff are as safe as possible. The Trust have approved our Risk Assessment and decisions have been informed by government guidance:
Please could all visitors report to the reception and sign in. When visiting our school please make sure you are wearing a face covering when moving around the school and attending professional meetings. If you require a visor, please ask a member of staff and they will happy to provide you with one. You will be asked to declare your risk assessment for carrying out your trade within our school premises.
Before entering the building make sure you can confirm that you do not have symptoms or that you have not been in contact with anybody with Covid-19 in the last 14 days. COVID-19 symptoms are defined as:
- a new, continuous cough,
- a high temperature or
- a loss or change to their sense of smell or taste.
Please make sure you follow the rules if you are subject to a local lockdown restriction or enforced quarantine due to recent international travel.
When entering Hemlington Hall Academy your contact details will be held securely and used to alert me to a Covid-19 outbreak, as part of Test and Track protocol.
Please ensure you follow the rules as:
- Please wear a face covering around school – if you require visor please ask at reception.
- Wash hands regularly with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds
- Regularly use hand sanitiser provided
- Clean down areas after use with provided sanitiser and wipes after
- Ensure 2m distance in and around the school as much as possible. If you are unable to please let a member of staff know.
- Do not share equipment or tools with others without sanitising
- If you have any concerns speak with a member of staff.