Today we will be reading the fifth chapter of ‘A Long Walk to Water’. We will be focusing on answering retrieval questions, which you can find below.
1. If the lake has more water than the pond, why can’t Nya’s family just stay there year round?
2. How is Nya’s water collection different at the lake camp?
3. How did the bees express their unhappiness?
4. How did Salva know that Marial was not from his village?
5. How much time has now passed since Salva started running?
Retrieval questions are where you look for the answer in the text you are reading. For example on question one, you would scan for the key words which would be: Nya, lake and year round. You would then find the answer near these words. You can choose to read Chapter 5 on your own or listen to Miss Robson reading it here.
You can read Chapter 5 here:
Today is a research day! Using the internet, can you find and record important facts, which will later help you write about Africa and the effects of unclean water? Remember to select your facts carefully.Using the internet safely is especially important. Make sure you have an adult nearby to tell if a problem occurs or if you’re not sure.
Here are some possible webpages you could use for your research:
Today we will continue learning about what fractions are in maths. Watch the lesson here.
Here is the follow up task. Remember to let a member of the team know if you need any further help!
Here is todays true or false question.
To go here